• NaNoWriMo or Bust, and a Video Poem



    Codes from Musser on Vimeo.

    NaNo

    This typecast is brought to you on Alice, a witty debutante of an Olympia SF that - if my life were different - would definitely be used in Typewriter Brigading the NaNoWriMo. When I figure out what I'm doing wrong with my camera, I'll share photos of Alice and another FABULOUS Olympia, both delicious cursive hand-me-downs from the best typing buddies a girl ever had.

    9 comments → NaNoWriMo or Bust, and a Video Poem

    1. Ah, I think Alice is enjoying herself. Why won't she be playing in NaNo this year? To taxing for her dainty typeface? Remember that she's got a solid German build about her: I'm sure she could keep up on the literary equivalent of the Autobahn.

    2. Argh, "Too" not "To." A pet peeve and I stepped right into it.

      And for your Palin ranting:

      Diagramming Sarah:
      http://slate.com/id/2201158/

    3. Yay! So glad to hear you're in too. If only we all had the whole month off to lounge at a big oak desk near a sea-facing window, type-writing away on Royals and Olympias, instead of clattering out hasty scenes on Neos and laptops in cramped office break-rooms.

      If I run out of ideas this year, I just plan to ask myself, 'what would a maverick do?'

    4. You realize the both of you are just feeding the beast giving me all that Palin ammo and such.

      Maybe I'll write her into my NaNo novel.

      (insert frisky wink)

    5. Look carefully at that Olympia, Monda. You may find it has a special Palin key. The - one perhaps. Europe, in its arrogance, has long assumed the election was a done deal. Even before President Obama addressed the masses in Berlin's Tiergarten Park. Some here are rooting for the Republicans purely to enjoy the Tropic-of-Cancer outrage of a McCain victory.

    6. You must be talking about that "MR" key for Manicured Rasputin.

      That kind of election outrage would cause me to have an aneuryism and I'd be forced to type with a pencil in my teeth for the duration.

      Dammit, TT. There I go and you're to blame.

      36 minutes until the last debate begins. Not that it matters.

    7. I thought "MR" stood for "Maverick Reformer"

      Perhaps not.

      Say it with me, up in your nose: MAAHV-rick.

      Deep breaths, Monda. Deep breaths.

    8. If I can do it, you have no excuse. I did it last year, all on a manual. I am still planning to do it again this year, despite my husband's death this month. I don't know if I'm up to writing that steampunk novel I'd planned, but I'm going to give it a shot.

    9. Revisiting this post (in a desperate attempt to spark enthusiasm for NaNo), I'm reminded of something someone said whose name eludes me at the moment:
      "Every novel is a failed short story, and every short story is a failed poem."

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...